Nighttime highs

Yep, plus there are automated insertion devices that make inserting the needle painless and less stressful than doing it manually. The OmniPod is completely automated and you would never even see a needle - you just stick the pod on, push a button and it inserts itself quickly and painlessly!

I take Tresiba at night. I set my iPhone with a daily alarm at 10 pm. However, I usually wait till 11 pm or right before going to bed to take it. I used to go high at night and morning, but with Tresiba and now Trulicity, my fasting numbers are around 115 or so on average since starting Truilicity 6 weeks ago.

Kathy60, it looks like you need to read about dawn phenomenon to understand some of the swings.

Dawn Phenomenon

Has anyone been on Novolog and switched over to Humalog?? Did it take a few days to regulate your sugars due to the change. My sugars refuse to come down unless I double up on the insulin. Iā€™m taking 8 units just to get them down. My insurance stopped covering novolog. I had some humalog I got from dr last year. Unless thatā€™s the problem itā€™s set to expire in August 2017 but pharmacy said it should be good as long as itā€™s clear. My dr never responded so I started it. Three days in and my sugars are high 200 I feel terrible. Anyone know !!!

It should be good as long as it was refrigerated and not frozen the entire time. High temps will also degrade insulin. Do you have another batch of insulin you can use as an alternate and compare?

Itā€™s not uncommon for people to be less sensitive to one brand of insulin than another. Iā€™ve read reports from some people that some insulin formulations do not metabolize glucose for them at all. Itā€™s like injecting water.

Has your basal insulin changed, too? Or are you pumping the humalog?

My endo told me there was a batch of Humalog pens at some point that were bad, so it could be that. Iā€™ve gone back and forth between the two without noticing any major differences. I would be tempted to try with a new batch if possible (or maybe see if your endo can give a new sample pen?), and if it still doesnā€™t work for you, your endo should be able to write a letter of medical necessity for the Novolog.

No pumping. Never!!! I have been taking novolog for almost 6 years. My insurance wonā€™t pay for anything but humalog so Iā€™m stuck with it. I have a box of humalog so I can try another but it all expires 8 2017. Itā€™s been in my refrigerator for a year. Itā€™s clear.

Are you sure your basal dose is adjusted well? Do you use Lantus or Levemir?

I take Tresiba. Have since May. Iā€™m down to 16 units at night. I have an endo who just gave it to me. No follow up. But it seems to of worked fine with novolog after I figured out doze. Was on lantus 6 years.