Noela Vallis of the Spinal Cord Society of New Zealand says she can have a cure for T1D in a year

Sadly, I do not believe that today’s doctors have learned any better. Their treatment for pretty much everything is an Rx for a pill. And diabetes has no pill cures nor treatments.

Yes, this thread is old, but the circumstance is still true today.

1 Like

No doubt about that. Still, you have to admire how the OP date quite efficiently rebuts the claim made in the headline. :slight_smile:

I wanted to know the gadget so I could make one in my garage.

1 Like

I was dx in 1959. I was never told that I would die young and I was never told that there would be a cure in my lifetime. So far, I haven’t died young and I haven’t been cured.

3 Likes

@Timothy
The stuff in your garage is perfect for making the gadget, especially if you have a post hole digger there. So, go for it!

We had -21F two nights ago and a balmy -9F last night. I think this weather is going to my head!

1 Like

You’re a tougher person than me, Willow! I grew up in Chicago and lived several years in Minnesota – I know the kind of cold you write about. Reading about it and living in it, however, are two different things.

Whenever I visit my old haunts in winter weather, I’m rudely reminded why I left!

If I still lived there, I would be visiting a sauna every day. Stay warm and sane, Willow. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, @Terry4. I’m a tough old bird. The only thing that’s keeping me here are my 3 ancient horses (almost 30 years old now who served me well for many years) and 3 donkeys. I feed them twice each day. I really marvel and pity them for having to be in that weather 24/7. They do tend to stay in the barn, but it’s not much warmer there.

I certainly understand your loyalty. My retired service dog is almost 14 and has really slowed down. His eyesight and hearing are not as good as when he was younger, but he gets to live in a heated apartment. Our roles have reversed now, I am his service human! I don’t mind giving back to him for all the years he helped keep me safe and sane.

The spring equinox is less than 60 days from today. It can’t come too soon for me!

2 Likes

I understand completely. My Airedale Terrier died 2 years ago. She was the last of a long line extending back to 1963. She won’t be replaced. My chickens are gone. No cattle either, at least none that I own. Paring down. Just the equines left. One died a month ago… my avatar namesake… a lovely paint with a great, calm, trusting personality. That makes 8 gone over the last 30 years. I miss every one of them.

4 Likes