Non-traditional injection sites

I too have used my back for infusion sets, I find it actually pretty comfortable! :slight_smile:

Kathyann , weird I think that suggestion is ā€¦even if one looks at updated brochures , where to inject thighs are mentioned . I agree, not a great place if you do a lot of exercise with legs, as in training or doing a marathon and that makes sense ā€¦too quick an absortion . The best way is to rotate .Presently infusion set in the left thigh
( traditional site ) .I hope Nurse is willing to explain , why thighs are a No-No place .

By injecting insulin the local skin will be flooded with insulin. It will connect to a specific growth receptor of the cells. This will likely trigger that the cell will multiply itself and this is how the skin is growing. Thus from the aesthetic standpoint the results of injecting into the breast may be unpleasant.

I would like to add that skin changes are also related to preservatives in the insulin. I think that these preservatives remain in the skin locally for longer periods of time. This may be a problem if it comes to breast feeding a child. Maybe these preservatives will be soluted in the milk. That is another reason why I would not recommend to inject there.

I tried it a very long time ago; I was very young and maybe a little fool : And I had fear and I only put the needdle inside and didnā€™t inject. It hurted me so much. Donā€™t tell my Endo about it and my mother too!

Hey Dino: :slight_smile:

I hope that you are Well. Yes, the dents can disappear. BUT you MUST stop injecting in that area, if you havenā€™t already.

I did have dents on both of my arms and both sides of my lower tummy since those were my fav spots. I started getting this fluffy flub on my lower tummy and arms but I continued injecting in the areas. Dents happened. I continued injecting just on my right side and the whole area of fluffy fat disappeared from the mid tummy to my right side. I totally stopped injecting in the dent areas.

Both my arms and lower left abs and close to the right abs have recovered. A part on my right side has not however. That dent will never recover, me thinks. Itā€™s been many years now. That is why I got into finding more places back then and Rotate every shot to different areas.

When I was little, my old country Dr. didnā€™t know a lot about Diabetes but he did tell me to rotate every injection. He didnā€™t tell me why or what would happen though. So eventually I found my fav spots. I always hated giving shots in my legs so rarely used them. Now I use them and other newer spots to inject. Good Luck to you Dino!!

Thatā€™s funny, it used to kind of weird me out to about using an infusion set in my thigh. Once I tried it though, the outside of my thigh is my go-to place for the most comfortable sets.

Try it! You might like itā€¦

I havenā€™t talked to her but the thighs were in the brochure she gave me so I agree she is not making sense. Just thought Iā€™d see what other people thought about it.