Nutrition and Diabetes

Nutrition and Diabetes

Nutrition is very important in managing diabetes. Not only what you eat, but how much you eat and when you eat influences your blood sugar. Meals should be at regular times with planned snacks. They should be low fat, high fiber foods with a limited amount of simple carbohydrates. Here are meal plans, recipes and advice on managing nutrition......

About.com
http://diabetes.about.com/od/nutrition/Nutrition_and_Diabetes.htm

While the information and advice is definitely helpful…HUGE wall of copy&paste text is HUGE. It’s a bit much information for one post - very overwhelming for one discussion. And even though some of what is said does apply to those of us with type 1, most of this is aimed specifically at those with type 2 diabetes (at least from what I can gather from perusing the article) rather than the general population of type 1, 2, and 1.5 (sorry I’m not as familiar with all the details of 1.5!).

Honestly I’ve seen very few “good” diabetic sites, be they for food, lifestyles, or just general health and information. TuDiabetes is pretty much the only place I check regularly for diabetic stuff.

Thanks (sorry Elly)

I was a bit rushed.
Maybe carried over alot of junk.

Let’s try again.

Here are some good points from the site:

What to Eat for Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes and Healthy Holiday Food

Fiber

What to Know About Simple and Complex Carbohydrates

What to Eat When You Have Type 2 Diabetes

Thanks Judith.