Oh, what a diabetic day :]

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone who commented on my parents and pumps discussion! My dad promised to look into it and talk to my endocrinologist at my next 3 month appointment. That is huge, he’s never even considered it! I’ll keep my page updated on the road to the pump.
Meanwhile, we’re working on a seafood cookout tonight for my family and the family across the street. Between the two families, we can come up with some amazing food. Yum! plus, grilled and broiled seafood is low carb and delicious. the family across the street has a 4 year old and a 6 year old, and the 6 year old is refusing to come here for dinner because she “might catch diabetes like caitlin and have to take ouchie shots.” so, okay, she’s 6. Whatever. but the thing is, when I go to school, a lot of 15-18 year olds have the same information floating around in their head. Diabetes being contagious is a statement that is all too often believed.
one day they’ll find a cure. i won’t have to deal with it anymore.
right?
right.

Caitlin (cute name by the way) … what a story about your neighbor. Thats a bit disappointing to hear and you would hope that the parents could educate the kiddos a bit better. And you would also hope that at school there would be good, accurate information on diabetes. Diabetes is making you a super-strong gal that can handle a lot in life. I’ve found myself at my job educating people and just being a “strong diabetic” that takes care of it and leads a pretty normal life. I don’t have anyone in my life with diabetes but through this community I’ve met a lot of pals now. Good luck to you!!

It would be cool if the nurse OR better you and the other students with diabetes could do some education program at the school-- to get rid of all these crazy ideas :slight_smile: Your six year old neighbor will realize how cool you are… then she’ll forget about it!