One of those Days

You ever have those days where your meter tells you you’re fine and you feel like total crap? Today was one of those for me, and I ended up having to leave work early because I almost passed out in the sun when I had just tested and was supposedly at 117. I got up to get back to work and very suddenly I got VERY lightheaded. For a few seconds literally all I could see was a purple-ish haze. It was enough to freak me out a little, so I told my boss, and they recommended I go home and relax, so here I am.

Yep, sure have had those days. I wonder if my meter’s screwed up, I’m dehydrated (though that usually shows up as higher BG) or what. Even given the meter’s ± 20 margin of error, that still wouldn’t account for feeling bad at 117/137/97. Maybe you’re coming down with an illness.

Glad you’re relaxing at home & have a nice boss.

Thanks :slight_smile: Fortunately, my boss is a type 2 so he understands better than most would.

You feeling ok now? Hope so.

That is fortunate he’s a Type 2.

“Almost passed out in the sun” you stated. Perhaps you were stressed from dehydration? You didn’t state what your job was. I am a retired Industrial Electrician. I tell all the young kids out there to make sure to drink lots and lots of water. No pop and ice water. I cannot overstate this enough. Do not wait til you feel thirsty. Feeling thirsty is too late and entering the stress stage. You must drink before and during your “hot” job. :You may have to force yourself to drink, You will get the hang of it in a few days. Hope this helps. Been diabetic for 20 years.
Sid