I’m T2, and been taking metformin for it.
But now it looks like I’ve maxed it out, and will need some other meds to help. My recent HbA1c was 9.1.
My options for other medications are:
- Janumet (not covered by insurance, but the doctor wants me on it),
- Forxiga (not covered by insurance, and I’m not keen due to thrush and UTI issues),
- sulphonylureas (which I’ve heard bad things about but covered by insurance),
- Exetanide (Byetta, covered by insurance but I’m not obese)
- Pioglitazone (covered by insurance but I know nothing about)
- Onglyza/saxagliptin (covered by insurance but I know nothing about, or is this Janumet?)
I have no knowledge of these other meds, and would love to hear from people who have used them. I remember reading ages ago that it’s better to skip sulphonylureas and go straight to insulin, but that was before these other drugs were around (I think).