Pain when inserting pump

I am surprised to hear so many adults having pain regularly with the infusion sets. I can understand children, since they are so much smaller in size than adults. I have been on the pump for 1 1/2 & have rarely had problems with pain. But I’m glad that you are finding ways around the pain.

My pump training starts 1/26/09. I am going to do whatever my trainer tells me because she is a pumper herself.

I’ve been using the generic version of Emla. It is definitely “magic”! Since I have to change out every other day, it takes out one of the “pains” of having d. I am also less apprehensive about using sites I used to be reluctant to poke. It helps when my husband is inserting for me in my back waist, he knows I won’t feel a thing. It takes an hour to be effective, and lasts up to four hours. Ask your doctor for a scrip - you might use one or two tubes a month.

EMLA requires a prescription doesn’t it? I get the pain sometimes too.

yes, ask for the Lidocaine-Prilocaine cream, generic for EMLA cream. I originally got it from a dermatologist, but my endo writes the prescription for it now.