Please Report TuDiabetes Website Issues

trying to post a one-word answer to the word game and i keep getting error: the post must be at least 20 characters

Kuze, we might change that minumum number of characters, but for now, fill it out with something (I chose xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo)

1 Like

My password would not work and the link sent for a new one was not working for a day or so. All signed in now and the site looks fantastic. Great Job all that have worked on this ,Thank You :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Password reset from my android device doesn’t seem to work. When I got the email and clicked on the link to reset it took me back to sign in page and didn’t give me an option to change password.

I then went to my laptop used the same email and when I clicked on the link to reset it did send me to the page that allowed me to change my password. So potentially an issue with android( motorrola droid ultra).

My first password reset request never showed up within a 12 hour window, so I tried again and received it almost immediately.

It may be useful to put up the email address for problems where folks can see it. Until you log in, you can’t tell about a problem and logging in was a long problem for me. Though finally got in. It did not recognize my pw which had never been changed. At least, that is the block that went blank each time after inputting and trying.
I keep too many emails and was able to find Emily’s address from way back in my email system.
To explain, Brian says to report problems in the first message here but you need to log in to report a problem if you don’t have an external email address!

One more point. I made changes to my profile twice, but the system did not save them either time. I got an error message but don’t recall what it said. It would not allow me to change my user name when I was editing the profile.
It may work the next time I try it. Just didn’t earlier.

“It happened again” == After looking at several messages in discussion - and replying to a couple, i clicked on the “discussion groups” button on the menu - and, though it took me where expected, the ‘Log-In’ option appeared on all discussion pages, though I’d been logged on and active. (I hope this is a hint as to how it’s happening…)

@Thas1 I have noticed this as well and amazingly it “lies.” If I click on a discussion it has automagically logged me back in. It is still a bot wonky.

I was quite surprised to see that the network of friends on TuDiabetes has not been transferred to the new site. In fact on the new site there is no friendship concept at all. To me it was not clear that all the relationships and connections between the members will disappear in the process. If I had known I would have saved all the pseudonyms of my TuDiabetes friends.

1 Like

Before I come accross as complaining all the time - here is a small technical issue: in the preferences the nickname can not be adjusted - or I have not found the option to do so.

You are correct, the “Friends” concept didn’t come over. But that was really not the biggest change, the biggest change is the model of privacy. And in fact “Friends” in the old TuD wasn’t really about a positive social network it was about privacy. Only friends could msg or if you wished only friends could see your profile or blog. I have to be honest, I didn’t like “Friends.” I almost never friended anyone although I accepted everyone as friends. I wished I could msg anyone I wanted privately but I always had to friend them. And I established true friendships with people who I actually did not “Friend.”

Although there are some limited privacy controls available for the most part everything is flat. Everyone can see everything, they can message everyone and there is no controls over distribution of any posted material. And if you think back there was actually very little use of these privacy controls by our members in the old TuD so we didn’t lose much.

The pseudonym (i.e. username) issue is more complicated. There were fundamental differences, characters not allowed, duplicate names not allowed, etc. that resulted in a somewhat difficult mapping. You can change your username in the preferences and I believe this username will be the “nickname” you see on everyone’s profile, posting and can be used to “@” them.

1 Like

@Brian_bsc Thanks again, it is a loss to me but others might think about it differently.

If you click on my profile you will see my username “holger_schmeken” and my nickname “holger” on the following row. At least with my security level I can not change them. In the initial phase after the first login I was asked to adjust my nickname. With your administrative rights you might have different options than I have with my basic level. But like you I think the possibility to adjust username and nickname might be benefitial for basic users as well.

Holger, I altered my nickname as soon as we switched over. I didn’t like the underscore. If you click on your avatar in the upper right, and choose “preferences” you’ll see your user name. click on the little pencil next to it. If you change it, it will break any @ mention links you have received, but we are fairly early in the new platform.

I noticed that if I’m on the home page (where the chat room is) if I click on the “speech balloons” icon, which I understood was to take you to the discussion topics forum, it takes me there, but not logged in, and if I click “log in” it doesn’t do anything. but if I click on a topic on the home page, under “latest discussions” I can get to the discussion properly logged in.

1 Like

I cannot log in to tud nor chat room
I am lost

Hi,
I, too, had trouble accessing the page to change my password. I logged in and out a few times and finally landed on the password change page, but for the life of me I do not know how I got there. Not sure if it is user error or some other issue.

@shoshana27 You’re IN. click on “home” on the top left and you’ll find the chat room

@MarieB Thanks, I think the point is that basic users have no pencil and no nickname to edit:

I see. hmm. I can change it for you, just let me know what you want it to be @Holger or @HolgerS ? afaik, you’re the only “Holger” here