Pool aerobics

I love the water,I attend water aerobics 3-4 times a week. Alternate with watching my 19 month old twin granddaughters.
I do some laps,weight lifting,and pull ups. My blood sugars drop down to about 75. Then I eat 15 carbs,usually hot chocolate,sf. Of course once weather improves back to walking outside also. Nancy

2 Likes

This sounds great!
I’ve been considering doing something similar as I’ve injured my knee hiking a little while ago, and can’t seem to be able to run, hike, or go on any strenuous walks without suffering great pain.
I wonder if doing anything in the water would prevent me from putting any pressure on my knee while still getting some very needed exercise.

Chocolate milk as a post-exercise recovery aid.

Karp JR1, Johnston JD, Tecklenburg S, Mickleborough TD, Fly AD, Stager JM.
Author information
Abstract
Nine male, endurance-trained cyclists performed an interval workout followed by 4 h of recovery, and a subsequent endurance trial to exhaustion at 70% VO2max, on three separate days. Immediately following the first exercise bout and 2 h of recovery, subjects drank isovolumic amounts of chocolate milk, fluid replacement drink (FR), or carbohydrate replacement drink (CR), in a single-blind, randomized design. Carbohydrate content was equivalent for chocolate milk and CR. Time to exhaustion (TTE), average heart rate (HR), rating of perceived exertion (RPE), and total work (WT) for the endurance exercise were compared between trials. TTE and WT were significantly greater for chocolate milk and FR trials compared to CR trial. The results of this study suggest that chocolate milk is an effective recovery aid between two exhausting exercise bouts.

this sounds great!. i been looking to get in-to something like this.

I knew hot chocolate was good for me! I knew it! ROFL :laughing:

1 Like