Presentation on Living Well with t1d

I thought some of you might be interested in this presentation on “Living Well with Type One”. I have lived with t1d for 43 years, and have seen changes from initially doing urine tests with a test tube, to now using a Dexcom and T:slim x2 with Basal IQ. I talk about my experience as a 55 year old, and then a mom and her 10 year old son join me for discussion and Q and A. He’s lived with t1d for 3 years and has a lot to share as well!

Video on “Living Well with Type One”

8 Likes

Great job @Lucia

You’re a natural in front of camera :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Wow what a great presentation !!

2 Likes

Good job!!!

2 Likes

Thank you! and thank you @Rphil2 and @Jim26!

1 Like

Wow! I’m going to finish the video tomorrow, but I had to say I love the part about the hammer (MDI) and the feather (pump)! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Great Work

1 Like

Thanks - I still remember that moment when she said it. One of those “lightbulb moments”, though it took another 3 years before I was ready to actually use a pump!

1 Like

Thank you.

Great presentation. One trick I used to use before the Dexcom, libre,and eversense introduced by a tyoe 1 nurse practitioner maybe 1990 ish was to test on my arm, then on my finger to have a better understanding of what my blood sugar was doing or where it was going. The arm is usually a 20-40 minute delay depending on eating, activities, insulin, etc…but I still do it if I don’t have a Cgm, or if I’m in the ocean in between senor changes… my endocrinologist always asked me why I had 2 readings at the same time and had different results on my glucometer, and I told him my poorman’s Dexcom arrow trick and he told me he never heard of it…and I’m still surprised its not more commonly used

1 Like

interesting! never heard of it either…

Lucia, you did a really good job on this presentation. I have had Type 1 for 61 years and recall test tape, the tablets, etc. etc. This is a miraculous technological age when it comes to Type 1 diabetes. Hopefully this new technology will stop many of the complications from this disease for those just being diagnosed and others who have not had it for many, many years.
Glad you shared this.
Thanks,
Jane

1 Like

Thanks! I agree - it’s amazing that so many now have access to these new technologies…thanks for taking the time to watch.