Profile for MarieB

@newbeach, you have an interesting story. I encourage you to copy what you’ve written here and then click on the “+ New topic” button near the top right side of the forum page to create a new topic. You can call it, “Profile for newbeach.” That way the comments that people like me make will be segregated to your story and not be mixed up with @MarieB’s.

I’d like to make additional comments to your story but will wait until you can move it to your own page.

3 Likes

what a incredible story, i love Reading it,.

2 Likes

Marie, What an incredibly heartfelt and heartfilling story you have told. Makes me feel more grateful for my own. We are all different, and yet really the same. No matter when we get diabetes we are put on a road life hasn’t taken us before.

Tu diabetes is relatively new to me, and though I have told other t1’s about it, seems I’m the person most lonely in my diabetes. My friends haven’t really joined.

I come back and forth. Sad sometimes, when I read entries about people with relatively perfect control, with and without complications. I was in years and years up to my neck with bulimia and graduated to alcohol. I think much of that was about trying to ignore diabetes, yes, but more, feelings altogether.

Now I love to read about people who follow their heart. And you have, so well!

2 Likes

Together we are stronger and are so blessed to have you amongst us. You empower me with this disease blessed to have you as my friend. I love you

2 Likes

Your story sounds very similar to mine, especially the early days. We really had no bloody idea what we were doing, did we? Neither did most of the doctors. Insulin pens have made it easier to take insulin in public, although I used to do that with disposable syringes. We can even test in public without anyone really noticing. Such better days!

2 Likes