Putting on MM CGM without MM Manager and RN present

What exactly does acetaminophen do? I have a MM CGM and I use acet. frequently.

DEX Sensors do not like Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Dex is only CGM that is so affected to my knowledge.
It is a reaction to the checmical coatings on the CGM Sensor to give false or wild readings and then fail.

I try and stay with advil, or motrin but have not had any reactions on my MM CGM with Acetaminophen.

Kevin

The instructions are pretty clear but there are several things the trainer suggested (angle closer to vertical rather than the 60 degrees suggested in the book or by the ‘tines’ of the inserter, leaving the sensor on for longer than the 15 minute time before ‘starting’ it) that seem to help? I would also be concerned about missing one of the steps and wasting a transmitter but, as long as you are careful, it should work ok?

I have had pretty nice results w/ the MM CGM and I’m not sure if it’s those steps or what but the sensors provide good telemetry for 6 days which would, of course, make up for a wasted sensor? I didn’t mind the training, just took the day off work to play with it, had a pleasant couple of hours of kibbitzing about it and going step by step through the process was good for me but if you are chomping at the bit, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I had some challenges w/ the calibration pieces too, as I overlooked the 3 hours after insertion calibration and was out running around when it started bleeping at me w/ a bunch of messages I failed to note in the training

One more thing I’d add is that I switched from the IV 3000 to this stuff recommended by a friend:

http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/-strse-2124/Smith-and-Nephew-Opsite/Detail.bok
as the IV3000 only lasted about 3.5 miles into the 1/2 marathon I ran the week I got it. The race went ok the sensor ripping out made a bloody mess. The flexfix stuff also comes on a roll and is useful for getting small, custom pieces to patch leaks, hold down infusion sets, etc.

Actually Minimed sensors are slightly affected by Tylenol… Not enough to be useless but something to be aware of…