Question about managing running

Hi, I wear a Medtronic Revel pump with CGI. I have been running and lifing weights for about an hour 3-4 times a week. I spin for 1 hour each week. My runs have been about 5k (on a treadmill now that winter is here) but I want to build up to a 5 or more miles each run. Does any one have ideas about how to meet my goal?
Thanks in advance.

I've found that about 8-12G of carbs every 3-4 miles will "cover" most of my runs. For 3 miles, I'll have a glass of skim milk, maybe 8-10G, when I start. My CGM will light up with "PREDICTED HIGH" like a mile into it, then I'll get "PREDICTED LOW" near the end, which is ok w/ me. When I run farther, I have an Amphipod belt that I'll toss my ipod, some jellybean/ Smartie mix (Smarties are dextrose which work faster but Starburst jellybeans make them more readily edible...) in little baggies and a bottle of Gatorade. Most of the time, I have about 1/2 the Gatorade at the "turn" when I head home and it works pretty reliably. I usually don't bother w/ a temp bolus for 3 mile runs and do maybe 50-67% for 6 miles+ but like to leave that much going and have Gatorade for hydration fuel. Happy trails!