Reading of my glucose levels at the doctors office: what do you discuss with your doctor?

I push the envelope sometimes - thats all @Dave44. If you are not an envelope pusher, your probably fine as is. I like to dive deep into the numbers. It interests me. Medical board info here: Driver's licenses.....suspended in CA? - #23 by Terry4

Sometimes, depending on which state you live in, there can be situations that develop that require some envelope pushing - drivers license suspensions, demands for medical devices that you need because of medical necessity, etc. Independent analysis of your numbers allows you to make whatever case you need. I find that I am not able to predict what problems are coming down the line and independent analysis gives me the widest breadth of ability to advocate for myself…whatever situations appear.

The data that we have access to is our best protection. Not all chronic illness groups have the benefit of that. Most don’t. It is exponentially more difficult for them. I guess I feel an obligation to use, fully, the tools that I am blessed to have.

3 Likes