Really High BG Levels in the AM - and a couple of other things

I’ve heard that doing some light eating between dinner and bed time is supposed to help with morning BG reads. It should be a protein carb combo. I tried it and it seemed to work for me. I try not to do it any later than 8:00pm.

IE: One slice of Bread (not white) with a slice or two of lunch meat. Depending on how thick cut it is. I’ve seen it lower my (only reading) morning BG by as much as ten points than before I was doing this. My numbers aren’t real high to start with.

Have you discussed this with your care team?
I suspect that metformin MIGHT be helpful here
Hana

Metformin with a pumper can be certain death. If you go low, the medication prevents the liver from bailing you out. So you go into a coma and die. Yes, it has happen to others and one of them was a friend of a the local Walgreens Rep.

This is the first time I have heard this. Yes, metformin suppresses the dumping of glucose by your liver, but that drops your fasting levels and reduces Darn Phenomenon. I’ve never seen anything in the prescribing information, research studies or on-line boards about this effect. I am currently on MDI and max metformin. I would be quite interested in this claim that metformin is instant death. As I said, I’ve never heard anything about it and I’ve read widely.

A good endo will tell you that Metformin and Insulin (Pump Users) are a deadly combination. This because the pump dosage is designed provide insulin during peak periods. Metformin has a plasma life of 72 hours.
So . . . say your were sick, did not eat . . . metformin is still there working, the insulin is working too. The ONLY FAILSAFE low BG there is in your body is your liver and it has been eliminated, the low BG then stopped the kidneys and other organs, you slide further into a Low BG comma and there you stay until you die, unless someone checks you and uses a glucon pen to turn you around.

General doctors rarely think outside the box anymore and are more likely to follow the drug providers data than think for themselves.

I find that a little piece of dark chocolate at bed time takes 30 points off my morning BG levels.