Recipe...Low Carb brownies using avocado. Do you have a favorite low carb version?

I have some soft Avocado to use up I thought this might be a good fit?! (Subbing the 1 cup sugar)
Has anyone tried anything similar!?

Ingredients
4 eggs
1 cup sugar (****SUBSITUTE YOUR FAVORITE SWEETENER)
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 tsp good sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 ripe avocados, mashed smooth
1/2 cup almond meal

Directions
Using an electric mixer (or if you want to burn some extra calories to offset these delicious goodies, whisk by hand), whip the eggs and sugar until fluffy.

Melt the chocolate chips. I did it directly in my small stainless steel pan over low heat. Just keep stirring. It melts fairly quickly.

Go back to your fluffy eggs and sugar mix and start mixing again, slowly adding the melted chocolate.

Once all is well combined, put away the electric mixer and start using a wooden spoon to blend in the cacao powder, almond meal, salt and vanilla extract.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Mash up the avocados. After mashing by hand, use an electric mixer to get it as smooth as possible. If you have chunks of avocado, they will definitely show up in your brownies.

Now fold in the avocados to your thick chocolate mix. You can use the electric mixer again if you want.

Pour into an 8x8 baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Use a wooden toothpick or chopstick to test the middle. When it comes out clean, you are done!

2 Likes

@EmilyC actually posted this chocolate cake

but personally I’d add the avocado to my green salad :wink:

1 Like

Yummy!! I’m definitely going to try this!

1 Like

Let us know @Maria32 you might beat me to it!! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

:slight_smile:

I’ve wondered about avocados in brownies. I tried making chocolate mousse with avocado as the base, and it was really not an experience I would repeat…!

1 Like

I’ve had avocado chocolate pudding and loved it. I’ll give these a try!

2 Likes

@Jen the pudding sounds great!

All are extra special with the avocado icecream you have already made and stored in the freezer.

1 Like

I have seen one with avacado before but somehow I don’t want avacados in my brownies… lol. I don’t eat them anymore actually, but maybe I should try it.

1 Like

@Pastelpainter do you have the recipe for that!!! yummo!

@meee I have sort of lost my taste for avocado but a brownie…!
I make a red velvet cake that is made with beets…sounds strange but it is sooooo good! So avocado brownies…might be delicious! Cheers!

1 Like

yeah. you never know :grinning:

Yes, beetroot chocolate cake is lovely.

Avocado is very healthy @Cynthia, have you tried Guacamole with veggie sticks, perfect snack.

I really like this cooking show called “A Chef’s Life”. Here’s the episode where Vivian made the chocolate cake with beets for Miss Mary’s birthday party. It was well-received!
http://www.achefslifeseries.com/episodes/34