Restarting a canceled extended bolus

I have a question I can’t answer explicitly in my Tandem pump manual. I’d like help please.

This evening, when I had a snack, I decided to extend part of the bolus over a 2 hr period. Then, about 45 minutes into that extended period, I decided I needed to fill up before going to bed, so I began the customary load routine. This requires me to stop insulin. So I did that, when a little less than 50% of the bolus I had begun 45 minutes earlier had been delivered. I proceeded with the normal “load” routine without incident. When I finished loading, I resumed insulin as usual.

My question is: in this scenario, once I’ve canceled part of the extended bolus, when I resume insulin after loading, does that resume and finish delivering the undelivered portion of the bolus or not?

I need to know, in order to decide whether to give myself a manual bolus after reloading, to deliver the undelivered portion of the canceled extended bolus.

I can’t interpret the manual or the icons on the pump screens explicitly enough to be sure; hence my question.

Thx in advance.

Tom

Since you did stop insulin, I would assume the extended portion was canceled and would not resume.

Check the delivery history.

1 Like

Yes it for certain cancelled