Sorry - seem to rant alot - but my family should know better

Wouldn’t that be a noval idea. I know it would be in my family.
Karen

So true Barbara.

Hi Rebekah
I am sorry you are having such a bad time. I find it so comforting to come on here and be instantly accepted. Everyone understands because we have all been there and will be there again. I am very fortunate to have a younger sister whose husband is a type 1 and she is a big support for me. And my son (who is also a type 1) has been the greatest teacher of all. Even though I am a type 2, he and I use the same two kinds of insulin. He has taught me to keep stashs of peanut butter in my glove compartment (individual cups), a bag of peanuts in my purse along with a bag of M&M’s in there too for when the lows come up. And besides helping me to know what to ask the doctor for, he has taught me to laugh at myself. I have gotten me into some awful messes. And just when I thought my husband understood the least of all, he does something that i wouldn’t even have thought of. I have been having a lot of pain lately and haven’t been in a very good mood. My husband went out for dinner last night and brought me back a slice of chocolate fudge cake. Normally I keep my diabetes under tight control. But I ate that chocolate fudge cake last night and smiled all the way to the fridge for my insulin. I thought that if I had trouble during the night I would wake up, check and then correct if needed. Right then, the chocolate was important. It didn’t help the pain or my diabetes, but i sure felt comforted.
I am glad you are part of our family now and hope you keep on coming back to let us all know how you are doing. I have family and friends who love me, but am so glad I have Tu diabetes also. There is comfort and compassion and understanding on here and everyone is happy to share.