Struggling T2

Accuracy with carbs has been important (but not foolproof) for me.

I was (mis)diagnosed and treated for T2 for 19 years before getting an antibody test.

I have to say that I’m in agreement with @Firenza Getting a new Endo might be the way to go. I’m wondering what your c-peptide level is and when were you tested for the antibody? Something is going on. If you’ve been working with this person for awhile, I’d change if it were me.
Originially my gp thought I was type 2, but I didn’t fit the profile - fit and carb conscious etc. I went to an endo and tested positive for the GAD. I’m on an insulin pump now and life is so much better (you know, relatively speaking). Also, I don’t think anyone mentioned ketones… have you tested for them? If you can swing getting a CGM, it’s worth it. You’ll be able to see patterns hopefully, particularly if you keep a food log.
Best of luck to you!

This sounds exactly how I was until 100 days ago. Same patterns and the morning highs were running rampart. I pushed back a bit from my endo and begin working more with my PC physician… we tried many medications…All the while, I was pushing myself to exhaustion at the gym doing cardio and strength. Then we researched The drug TRULICITU and decided to give it a try. We decided on 100days, since my alc would test my last 90 days. During this trial period, I reduced my novolog from 35-45 units per day to a total of 10. I take 5 in the am and 5 with my last meal which is around 8-9 pm…( I split the 5 units up, giving myself 2vunits immediately before I eat and the other 3 units after I finish my meal. I take 10 mg of Glipizide in the morning . None at night. It use to be another 10mg. I completely stopped taking all other diabetic medication… I still workout, but not as hard and I eat a very good well rounded nutritious diet. After the 100 days, my alc went from 7.6 to 6.3. I am down 2 dress sizes and I am continuing to stabilize. I am by no means claiming any miracles here, I am just sharing my story in hopes you and your physician can keep exploring until you find a good fit with you…of course there are warnings and side effects to every medication, but thankfully I have not experienced any to date… let me end by saying TRULICITU cost me about 434 dollars for my first b4 boxes of pens…there are 4 pens in a box and it’s taken once pen per week. When I went back to get the 5th box, I was told that I was in the donut hole with my insurance and thus had to pay nearly $300 per months supply until Jan 1, 2019. There are RX discount cards but they only help if you are not insured. The drug rentals foe $4,500 per month without insurance or assistance, I am told, by the pharmacist. I do hope this helps you. I completely understand your frustration. I pray that my second alc keeps getting better…Good luck to you…keep trying and keep researching what’s best for you🌷.

Increase the basal (Lantus)