So, immediately after posting my update and success I started having more occlusion alerts (figures, right?)
This corresponded to moving my infusion site slightly forward to a part of my upper hips that had been used slightly more often in the past. I feel like, at least for me, the likelihood is starting to fall towards my older infusion sites being slightly compromised perhaps with slight lypohypertrophy (although I feel no bumps).
Doing a google scholar search for papers on this it looks like there’s not a whole lot of research but I did find some pearls here and there
I liked this paper in particular:
This may be an example of trying to convince myself that this bad news is actually good news, however It occurs to me that I may have been previously having silent occlusions on my medtronic pump (i.e occlusions that the pump didn’t recognize as such or alert me to) Obviously I’m making a lot of wild guesses here. Hopefully someone smarter than me will make some smarter guesses