Test strip recall

I think that most of you have heard about this already, but just in case you guys haven’t, I thought it was worth posting. I just read in this month’s Diabetes Forecast that Abbott Diabetes Care has recalled 359 lots of blood glucose test strips. Apparently, they can give a false low reading. They are stating that the affected strips are marketed under the following brand names: Precision Xceed Pro, Precision Xtra, Medisense Optium, Optium, OptiumEZ, and ReliOn Ultima. You can visit www.precisionoptiuminfo.com or call their customer service number at 1-800-448-5234 for more info and to see if you might have a lot number that was affected. Just wanted to pass this on in case some of you might need this info.

Be safe and have a great day.

here’s more info on the recall

https://forum.tudiabetes.org/topics/abbott-recalls-test-strips

Cool, the more information that we can get out there the better we can take care of ourselves.

Has anyone dealt with the none FDA approved FreeStyle butterfly strip and the Omnipod system. Seems the new strip does not work well, reads low and Insulet and Abbott are aware of the problem but no fix on the horizen.Be carefull. The old strips are still available but not readily. Am working with ins. on coverage as mail order is the only source.