The movie The Diabetes Solution

30 carbs a day cant be healthy. One needs at least 100. There are many diets that work. It doesnt matter, yes I’ll say it, it doesnt matter how many carbs you have, it matters what type of carbs you have. Simple carbohydrates. Not complex carbohydrates. The structure of the molecules is what matters. The polysaccharides and such, should be eliminated. Thats my belief and what i know about. Single chain sugar molecules. Which is why it doesnt matter if you eat honey, it matters that you eat honey instead. I know many doctors teach counting carbs. Thats a very simple almost kindergarten way of looking at it. But its just my opinion. Like i said there are many diets that works for many different people. Never heard of this dr. Bernstein or anything, but i have heard of dr. Joslin.

I rarely eat anything but healthy carbs, but you are right, I guess most people think about bread, and sugary substances when carbs are mentioned. I do eat some corn, but can’t easily eat rice. I eat lots of fruit though.

1 Like

@J1112 This is patently false

2 Likes

One thing that did happen to me and others I know is that going very low carb can cause a loss of electrolytes that can lead to foot cramps and even periods of increased heart beat. I either make my own electrolyte drink without any sweetner, drink homemade bone broth soup or drink sugar free gatorade. When I went low carb in 2009, I wasn’t aware of the need to replenish electrolytes. I think a lot of the hot flashes I went through might have been tied to dehydration. Now I’m OK.

1 Like

By the title I thought it was going to be about studies in actual solutions i.e. cures or near cures.

Became T1D at 9 years. Wasn’t enjoyable at all, was quite scary. Think those with suicidal thoughts need counseling, especially at a young age. Never had a suicidal thought when T1D hit. Everyone is different.

I have always said that children who are Dx’d should have at least one or two visits with a therapist not because it may be needed, but more so they will know mental health services are available and that they will know who to go too if they have anxiety or depression issues.

3 Likes