Trail running and type 1

hello! i ran a 12km trail race last month. i started a little low at 122 so i ate two glucose tabs at the start to bring me up about 40 points. 5km in i was at 200 so i had to walk for about 5 minutes, thinking that would bring me down some and then ran a bit easier. at about 10k i was 130 and finished at about 115, which i thought was pretty good.
i didnt lower my basal or anything. had some carby goodies after the race-potato fritatta.

this month im doing a 10k trail run and am wondering if anyone does anything different with better results-the not going high and having to slow down. i was worried about having a hypo in the middle of the countryside.

Why would you stop running at 200? Is the idea that the running was causing your BGs to rise via an adrenaline reaction, and that would only continue higher, and walking would ameliorate that? I know some argue that 200+ stresses the body in ways that warrant taking it easy in other respects, but there are also serious athletes who need to raise their BGs that high beforehand just to have a buffer against hypos. And if starting a run consistently raises your BG, maybe you didn't need the glucose correction?

I'm not really in a position to give advice based on personal experience, I was on insulin for 12 years, but apparently unnecessarily, recently diagnosed with a GCK (MODY-2) gene mutation that manifests as modestly elevated BGs whether I treat or not.

i stopped running and started walking cuz i was afraid i would go higher, as i was running at a quick pace. sometimes when i do fartlek workouts-doing sets of faster and then slower running-it called series in spanish, i dont know the word in english-i will go high because of the faster running. then i go back down without any corrections within like an hour.
usually when im at 12o or so, i need to eat glucose tabs to stave off the hypos if i am running at a relaxed pace.