Updated "What am I suposed to do now?"

Sophia in May saw her Doctor and had a A1C of 9.1 ick… but now we have a new insulin regimen her sugars are way down so I am hoping things are going to be way better.

I don’t know if you still have the Aviva meter or not, but the numbers can be downloaded from it - it has an IR port on the top. I use the pump cable from our Ping to download it. Aviva is a really good meter - weird that yours kept breaking. Any news on when she will be able to pump?

once her blood sugars are under control i think they will entertain the pump talk.

I see you are in the same “area” as us…DC Metro…Did you go to Children’s? My daughter loves it there! She has seen a few of the doctors there; Dr. Kaplowitz, Dr. Nandagopal, and Dr. Parker. She preferred Dr. Parker but Dr. P is cutting her hours so we are trying Dr. Austin in August. Allie goes to the Upper Marlboro outpatient clinic but if she still wants Dr. Parker we will switch to the hospital or other clinic to see her.
Allie absolutely loves Children’s and so do I. They treated her so well and I could tell they really really cared. Her CDE was awesome at diagnosis. Called to get her blood sugars after we went home and would ask how I was handling everything. (I have Crohn’s Disease) She would ask if I was feeling okay and would talk for a while to make sure everything was alright.

I hope everything is going well!

Dr. Austin is the best! With my husband still being in denial and not being able to participate because the USMC and my own medical issues and not being able to have a set schedule, she works with us. She is so understanding with us. She also sits and talks with my 4 year old and deals with her make believe chatter while she tries to do her check ups. She is a great doctor and if she has concerns she calls her self… she just wonderful!

That is good to know. Allie is very particular with her doctors. She finds one she likes and she doesn’t want to see anyone else. She has ONE doctor at her pediatrician that she loves and gets upset if she can’t see him. hahaha