Very Frustrating

Yesterday, when visiting my daughter and new grandson in the hospital, I thought it might be a good idea to leave some DHF post cards in the lobby by the entrance…I left about 20 cards, 4 of each design or so.
When I left after visiting hours were over, I checked where I had left the cards (on a side table)…and they were all gone. I looked into the waste basket…nothing!
Someone obviously took them all…to throw them away somewhere???

Oh NO! If you just had them on one pile perhaps one of the Staff just took the whole pile to look up Tudiabetes to see if it is a responsible site.

I did my Hospital twice, 40 cards that I printed before and then again 3 months later. I put some in the waiting room, some in the flyer area on the wall, some in the examining room that I was in and some in the info basket at the end of the Reception desk. Then I took some to the Library and Shopping Mall, etc. and spread them around.

I wouldn’t even think that they would toss them. Think postitive. :slight_smile:

My first thought WAS that someone took them to view the site…hope so. The libraries is another stop!!

I do hope somebody who is interested did get them… Did you have to ask anybody’s permission to do so? The last time I left some cards in a local (Manila) Diabetes Associatrion…I had to go through a zillion formal requests and red tapes. Frustrating…

maybe 20 people with diabetes had thier lives touched that quickly because you did. Hospitals are, unfortunately, a good place to find us.

It’s also possible that anything that doesn’t go through the hospital customer service or marketing department is automatically removed. I know that’s always been the case at any hospital I’ve worked at. Doesn’t matter if it’s a legitimate cause/organization or not it still has to go through channels before anything can be posted.

Diana

Maybe Linda’s right. That was my 1st thought too. But like Teena said I ask premission b/f I leave them anywhere so’s the staff there knows that their there.

Very nice idea!

I thought it was…will try again, through proper channels!
Dropping some off at the library tomorrow.