Victoza (liraglutide) for obesity: thoughts on weight management, diabetes, and quality of life

Yesterday will mark my 3 years of taking Victoza. I was diagnosed pre diabetic (3 points away from being diabetic) and hypothyroidism in 2013. Diabetes runs heavy on both sizes of my family. I knew that if I did not take measures into my own hands I was going be on insulin like the rest of my family members. Despite running 5 miles on the beach every other day and eating right, I could not lose weight and felt horrible. Not so much because I could not lose weight, but I felt exhausted all the time even though I slept 7 to 8 hours a day, felt depressed for no reason (I have a happy life), irritable all the time and just overall feeling horrible. Since taking Victoza, I lost 20 pounds and I feel energetic and overall good. I was blessed and fortunate that I did not experience the horrible side effects that many others did. In the beginning I did experience nausea, but that disappeared. I have been on many different types of dosages, but 1.8 seems to keep me under control. I still exercise regularly (average 15 miles of jogging a week) and I watch what I eat. However, the weight loss has completely stopped. I am maintaining and it is becoming more difficult every day to keep my weight down. While I am exercising more because I’m training for ½ marathon, the weight stays the same even though my eating has also decreased. I’m a little scared that I am going to start to gain weight despite all I do to keep it under control. I wish I did not have to take this medication, because its fairly new and the potential to get a very serious disease is there. However, I know I will end up diabetic if I stop. I wonder if there is anyone out there who has been talking this medication for over 3 years. What is their dosage? How are they feeling?