What does insulin smell like to you?

Smells like bandaids to me. I've only smelled Humalog, Lantus, and Apidra. Humalog and Lantus smelled the same to me, but Apidra smells a little different, not as strong.

I forget where I read it, but when this question was asked before, someone gave the coolest answer:

To me, insulin smells like life.

I used to dislike the smell of insulin. Knowing that it keeps my little girl alive, I've grown to like the scent.

Wet cardboard.

bandaids

This reminds me of the laurel or Yanni thing from a few years back. Only the ol factory version of that.
And if you wonder , I always and only hear yanni Iā€™ve never heard laurel and if you hear laurel then you are a freak.
Iā€™m gonna look it up to be sure I still hear it the same.
Yes still yanni however they say older people hear laurel. I donā€™t know Iā€™m 54. I canā€™t I hear laurel

I love this old thread. This is constant conversation every time I change my pump cartridge.

To me, it smells like formaldehyde. Or maybe just the lingering combined scents that live in a chemistry lab. Itā€™s actually a fairly happy smell to me, but I can relate it to why a previous poster said it ā€œsmells like deathā€.

My husband detests the smell, though! Thatā€™s why it gets mentioned so often. He can smell it from the far side of the house. I just asked him to describe the smell, and he came up with something I havenā€™t seen here, nor ever noticed myself: sweet. ā€œIt smells like some sort of burnt sugar, like I think carmelized agave syrup would smell.ā€ Then five minutes later, ā€œit smells like airplane de-icing fluid!ā€ (Glycol based, like windshield washing fluid)

2 Likes