What is your exercise regime?

Do you exercise daily? What type and duration? What time of day?

I usually do the elliptical, exercise bike, light weights and stretching first thing, then power walking or a class at the gym after dinner.

I walk for 20 minutes 2x a day, do yoga in the mornings. I also go to a yoga class 1-2x a week, and climb 3 flights of stairs about 10 times a day.

1 Like

Lift after work (around 6pm) for about an hour, 3-4 times a week. 4-5 mile run in the mornings on the weekend and maybe the gym too! I’d love to say I do it to keep my BS in check (which it does) but it’s really for my sanity :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think my body is getting used to my routine…I want to get into running, but it’s sooooo hard for me!!

I exercise 6 days a week. I do HIIT at Orangetheory 3x a week and Bar Method 3x. I might also hike in there or walk if my glucose is high. OTF is amaze balls, highly recommend.

1 Like

I am all about the bicycle. I like 8- 10 miles per day.

2 Likes

Four days per week, 40 minutes each, rowing ergometer, cross country ski ergometer, or spin bike. Vigorous 15-minute - it used to be 25 minutes, and before that 35 minutes, but my jobs keep getting closer to home - walk to and from work, and long vigorous walks on weekends, either once or twice, covering 5 to 10 miles. None of this is specifically for my T1 diabetes, although I do find my vigorous gym workouts seem to facilitate my metabolism, often causing overnight lows, particularly if the workout includes intervals.

1 Like

I don’t like formal exercise. I like to accomplish something if I’m gonna work, so I like walking the dog, gardening, working and building stuff. Between daily activities, I walk about 10 miles per day.

3 Likes

I’m kinda seasonal. I enjoy hiking in the wood in spring and fall, swimming in the summer. Gym–rowing, treadmill–in winter & inclement days. I try to get in a strength-training sessions 2x/week throughout the year.

1 Like

I am the worst of you. (1) I walk the dog around the block. (2) My physical therapist said to write the alphabet in the aire with my left foot, which I broke several years ago. It gets stiff if I don’t do “A, B, C…” (3) Glad someone mentioned the garden. I piddle around growing things. Here are some zinnias.

2 Likes

Like 1,000 times!!!

I am worse. I don’t have a dog. :grin:

I mostly work at home, which is dangerous, especially in the winter, when there’s no incentive to leave the house at all. Going down four flights of stairs to get the mail counts as a good exercise day. In better weather, I’m an all-or-nothing type. Four days a week I’ll sit at my desk, and on the fifth I’ll hike 15 miles along rocky, uneven shoreline or bomb around off-road all day on my bike. Not easy to manage D-wise, but tons o’ fun.

1 Like

I have two ragdoll cats who demand a walk twice a day :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:by jumping in their stroller and howling till I take them. We go for a half hour walk round the retirement village I live in morning and evening.

2 Likes

Love the cats jumping in the stroller.

You shouldn’t exercise if your sugar is above 250. But I’m sure everybody here knows that.