What other areas of my body can I put the infusion site?

So I started using the Ping last July and I love it! I am starting to get a lot of red dots all over my stomach so I am thinking I may need to start rotating my sites more, but not really sure where to go. What other areas of your body do you guys use and how far up/down/back can you go on your stomach? I’ve just been using the area mostly on my lower stomach.

Thanks for all your help,

Amanda

stomach from the waistline to 1 inch below the ribs, around the side to the hip area and almost to the back.
also the legs, the top of the thigh, lots of space there. red dots pretty much go with the territory these days, but
switching from legs to abdomen helps to cut down. also had success in the top of the butt, just below the waiste of my pants, although i dont use this site very often, it can be a nuisance when wearing a belt.

there is a booklet in my infusion set box detailing all the different areas, i use mostly comfort shorts, but for the hips and backside i use contact detaches. these are all manual insertion, i could never get the insets to insert properly.

hi amanda!

my son is only 3, and uses the animas 2020. i know he is much younger, but we use a handful of places for his sites…and the stomach isn’t one of them. he HATES it!
we use his thighs, the top of his tush and the backs of his arms. i usually rotate clock-wise…our favorite it the back of the arm because i can angle it so the tubing runs down his back and doesn’t leave much tubing to just ‘hang’.

hope this helps!

Amanda
I’ve been using a pump for 9 years now and don’t have any problems as long as i rotate enough. Other than my stomach i use both sides of my backside (basically the very top and side of my butt that has enough fat but doesn’t get in the way of my pant waist band and i don’t sit on it) The only problem i have with that site is that there isn’t much adipose tissue so the cannula sometimes gets too close to the mucle (oouch, feels like a hot pocker :slight_smile: I find it easier to use the comfort infusion sets in those areas because i have more accuracy than when i use the one’s with the inserter. Hope this helps.

I’ve only been using the pump since Jan but I am looking for new places also. They seem to be in the way on my belly due to my shape…lol. I’m very active and I seem to hook them or lean on them too much. I go all the way around my love handles which is my favorite place. But I’ve started to be annoyed by those places. I tried the outer thigh below the hip but can only make it a day before they start to become sore hard and red. I think maybe the canula is too long so I ordered a box of 6mm to try that area again. I like the back of the arm really well. But my arms don’t seem to be big enough for many rotations there. I did try the buttocks and it was very comfortable until I went to the bathroom or changed clothes. But please give more suggestions. I’m trying all I see. I do use the inset infusion system All in one infusion sets 9mm.

I use my stomach, hips, upper buttocks, back flab, back of arms. I tried my thighs, but they are very muscular and I ran into problems and they rubbed on my pants and the site fell out a lot so I avoid my thighs but they work well in some people. Basically any area with some fat will work.

how often should I be changing sites for the best comfort ,problems etc?

Thanks

Manufacturer recommends to change every 2 days. Some trainers say 2-3 days. However, I know u should not go past 4 days because your insulin will loose it’s potency and affectiveness and you put urself at risk for cellulitis at the site. I change every 2-3 usually 3days. But if it starts to get sore I change at 2. I’d rather waste a days worth of insulin then cause an infection.
Good luck.