What to expect for CGM in 2018

Interesting stuff. We can only hope that the advancements will keep coming and that we won’t hit a lull where there is no progress for some period of time. Unfortunately, as with any technological advancements, there are always the slow periods…

That being said… I don’t think I’ll ever be able to consider the Senseonics Eversense implantable CGM. Even considering it’s good for 90 days at a time, there is still the external component and the insertion procedure cannot be good for building up scar tissue! For those that dare, I found this insertion procedure video on YouTube: Senseonics Eversense CGM Insertion Procedure

** BE WARNED, IF YOU’RE SQUEAMISH ABOUT MEDICAL PROCEDURES THE VIDEO IS A BIT GRAPHIC **

With Animas backing out of the industry and encouraging everyone over to Medtronic, I’ll be following the Medtronic sensors a bit closer given the tight integration with their pumps. I can’t see myself continuing to use Dexcom sensors if I plan to use the 630g/670g with CGM capabilities, even with as much as I prefer them.