What type of diabetes supplies organizer are you?

We wanted to know what kind of diabetes supplies organizer you are, so we asked our audience. From drawers to closet spaces, we found some of the most creative answers as to how people managing Type 1 diabetes organize the tools that help them do just that. Some of these space might surprise you; they might even give you the inspiration to clean out those drawers for spring!

The Shoe Organizer

Looking for an organizer that’s easy to see and access supplies from? Consider using the shoe organizer that hangs conveniently off the door.

Supplies near the mommy juice

Shelley Baltz from Memphis, Tennessee, keeps the Type 1 supplies next to her red wine supply, should she need to have to unwind after. Moms to T1D kiddos need self-care too!

The dresser drawer stash

Taryn Thiessen likes to use the good ‘ole dresser drawer to organize her diabetes supplies. “A drawer and and shelf unit for the more infrequently used items, there is another huge drawer in the kitchen for daily consumables and emergency kits and low supplies stashed everywhere!”

The diabetes clutch bag drawer

Teresa White from Chicago likes to be sure her supplies are toted in style, having obtained a collection of diabetes supply cases of many a color.

The Bookshelf Stocker

Paige Marie Willard has placed her supplies in the very visible and easy-to-acess bookshelf. You can keep this in any room!

The vanity table display

Beyond Type 1’s Global Ambassador Council member, Paloma Kemak, from Arizona, shared with us her favorite vanity table display, complete with glass vases and ceramic trays to hold supplies. Who says you can’t dress it up?!

The desk drawer feature

Grzegorz Stykowski shows that you can put more than office supplies in the utilitarian desk. There’s a lot to pack in though!

The tool rack closet

Aleah Armstrong from New Mexico had her husband build this spacious closet organizer where she can fit all of her supplies: tiny to bulk.

The ultimate pen drawer

Katie de la Cruz of Texas says this is her daughter’s idea of organized!

The kitchen box

Barb Grady Szysziewicz from Delran, New Jersey, breaks down her diabetes collection: “This is our kitchen box. It has the stuff my son needs on a daily basis (I need to add a new pump infusion set to the box). Testing supplies, tough pads and grif grips, pre-filled pump cartridges, glucagon and Calorie King book. Dexcom sensors and all supplies are kept in a linen closet and take up four big shelves.”

3 Likes

We have a queen size platform bed with 4 big drawers per side. Two of mine are dedicated to D gear—one for infusion sets, CGM sensors, mostly current stuff; the other for zombie apocalypse backups (spare BG meters, a second pump, god knows what-all, though I’m very proud of having finally disposed of all those bits left over from my sojourn with the Assante pump). And of course that doesn’t count the refrigerator crisper drawer and butter compartment, which I’ve pretty much taken over, the former for my vial hoard and the latter for my currently active vial and emergency-backup pen injectors.

I have a shelf dedicated to supplies in my walk-in closet. On it I have a divided organizer that I bought several years ago at IKEA. It holds my pump supplies. I also have a plastic drawer container with odds and end. One of my newer things is a small box that holds supplies for the next time I fill my t-slim pump (cartridge, syringe, tubing, and insulin). I pre-fill the syringe the day I will need to change out and take the box with me for the day.

IMG_7444 IMG_7445 IMG_7446

IMG_7443

Very organized. But that’s my nature. I’ve been kidded many times for all my spreadsheets and lists of things…long before home computers, I’d keep hand-written lists of all sorts of things, like the books I’d read, records, and then using spreadsheets–CD’s, DVD’s, you name it, I’ve got a list for it.