Whole food plant-based eating questions

Here is a link to Ron Rosedale who says" Hyperinsulinemia adversely affects almost all degenerative diseases. That includes coronary artery disease, hypertension, cancer, stroke, diabetes, of course, obesity, autoimmune disorders, and mental disease and decline. In fact, I think you’ll come to know, and it is not just my opinion, that it may be the chemical mediator of all of the degenerative diseases of aging.

Read more: http://drrosedale.com/blog/2013/04/02/insulin-its-crucial-role-in-chronic-illness-part-1-of-2/#ixzz63ezExLG8

1 Like

I am not familiar with Ron Rosedale.

I now eat some rice, potatoes, quinoa, all kinds of vegetables and fruit, lots of legumes.

I ate some salad and vegetables when following Bernstein. Absolutely no fruit.

What do you consider high carbs? 10/day, 50/day, 100g/day? Also, what about the type of carbs?

I’ve also read many references that assert that too much injected insulin is not a good thing. Like many natural biological processes, healthy insulin levels generally follow a U-shaped curve. Body temperature, blood glucose, and blood pressure all trace this curve.

I’ve been wanting to write about this more extensively here but know that this community can get touchy on this topic. When I was 35 pounds heavier and much more insulin resistant, I took up to 80 units/day. I now take fewer than 30 units/day and have much better control. Even adjusting for body weight differences, I take fewer units per kilogram of body weight now than when I was heavier.

The lesson I drew from that experience is that my large doses of insulin caused my insulin resistance, similar to T2Ds becoming insulin resistant due to high endogenous or natural insulin secretion. Some people believe that hyperinsulinemia is at the root of many chronic diseases.

6 Likes