xDrip+ not as accurate as the G5 receiver?

Hey all,

I just received my G5 a couple days ago! The G5 receiver seems to always be within <20… usually more like <15. But xDrip+ on the other hand has not been very accurate at all. Sometimes it can be right on, but most of the time it is like 30-40 off.

My question is… what am I doing wrong? As I see everyone else is reporting awesome accuracy, even better than the G5 receiver.

Thanks for any help!

Not sure. I’ve had great results from xdrip.

Contact the developer - maybe you’ve got some setting wrong?

Ok, after a couple more days it seems to be spot on with my receiver and meter usually. I have another question now though… after eating breakfast my sugar usually spikes fairly fast (I eat a lot of fruit). Within 10 minutes of eating my sugar will shoot up from 100 to 140-160. I have been noticing my dexcom is not very accurate post meals. This morning dexcom said my blood sugar was 180 after eating and I checked with the meter and it is only 147. Is this normal for it to be that far off post meals? Is it because the blood sugar is raising quickly the dexcom thinks it is higher than it is?

I would this so, yes. Remember - changes in interstitial fluid glucose levels lag behind blood glucose by around 15 minutes, plus the Dexcom reports readings only every 5 minutes, for a possible 20-minute lag. The algorithm that Dexcom uses attempts to compensate for that lag based on the calculations and changes that have been noticed, so that it can report approximately “current” BG levels; however, that calculation is dependent on the noticeable changes. If your BG is rising rapidly for a part of that 15-min period, but stops rising, the sensor does not ‘know’ that - it has to base its calculation on available information – which might well make it ‘guess’ much higher (or lower) than the actual BG number when there are rapid changes.