Canadian taxes, medical expenses, and CGMs

We’re all trying to help each other here. It’s terribly unfair that T2s get such poor treatment, especially those who are seeking better control. (There’s another topic here from another Canadian who can’t get enough test strips because she’s not on insulin! CRAZY) Here in the US, I know many who are denied enough strips and/or cgms because they are type2 and it’s seen as excessive. JEEZ.

I’ve had type 1 for 50 years now and I’ll admit before joining here 9 years ago I knew next to nothing about type2. I’d hear about someone w t2 taking quantities of insulin 3 and 4 times as much as I do, and think, “wow, what the heck…”. Of course I didn’t know anything about insulin resistance. Or about insulin resistance causing the weight gain. this video from Peter Attia kinda was a revelation to me.

but here at TuD we are walking together in this journey. We have an uphill battle with opening the eyes and educating people about diabetes. We need to fight shame and blame and misunderstanding and stigma.

quoting from our values:
A note about the different types of diabetes: We believe that no one with diabetes is responsible for having this condition, and we do not support debates about “which type is worse” or comments which place blame on anyone for their condition. The different types of diabetes have more similarities than differences, and within this community we focus on our commonalities and the ways in which we can all support one another as a unified group. For more on this topic please see this post7 by our founder.

The Values of TuDiabetes