670G Auto Mode: Better Numbers or Same Numbers?

@Jen

Just to try and throw more things in and make things more difficult…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Tandem is coming out with an app for the X2. I can try to find links for it if you are interested - let me know.

But from what I recall (strictly memory so I could be getting this wrong) , this app will be released in two phases.

First phase is expected 2019 Q1. This will be a read-only app on an Apple iPhone which will communicate with the Tandem t:slim X2 via Bluetooth. You will be able to view the pump information although it has not been stated if you can see 100% of everything that you would have from the pump or only a subset. Certainly the intent is the more critical aspect as otherwise it would have no point. As well, this will allow remote viewing which is not likely relevant for yourself.

Second phase will be released with the Tandem t:sport platform which is expected in Summer of 2020. It is not clear yet whether this second phase would also be allowed to work with the X2 or not. In any event, this second phase of the app will allow complete and full control of the t:sport pump from the iPhone.

Who knows what a timeframe for Canada Health approval would be. You would have a better idea if software such as this takes just as long as device approvals or if software apps are much faster from a Canadian regulatory point of view?

That is very impressive !!!

To my knowledge, Health Canada doesn’t have any type of expediated approval process such as the FDA might have for certain types of technologies. Everything takes the same amount of time, which is unpredictable. However, I would say the trend in recent years is that generally technology appears here several years after it appears in the US (e.g., OmniPod, Dexcom G4, Dexcom G5, Minimed 670G, Tandem t:slim all appeared more than a year after their approval in the US, and sometimes many years later).

There were some older pumps such as the Veo and Ping that got approved here before they were approved in the US. So I’m not sure what has changed. Then there are other systems such as Dexcom Share that were never approved here simply because no application was submitted.

So I test between 4 to 5 times a day and what j have found is that my cgm is about 0 to 15 points plus or minus from what my meter says. So yes j am confident in my numbers from the cgm. I have talked with people that have been on Medtronic cgm’s and those who have been on others and they were wary of the hype but either in using the new sensors or in talking to those of us who are using them they are considering looking into them.

I’m amazed, but glad that you are getting good data from your Medtronic sensors. that’s awesome to hear.