7 day heart monitor

Hi all, I just got back some results from a 7 day heart monitor stint.

My main symptom is a slow heart rate which has been generally in the 50s at rest but as slow as 43 at night. I also have a very weird rush sensation that happens rarely, but weird indescribable thing, not heart rate related.

I looked up the terms but I don’t know if there is anything in there that’s concerning.

I won’t talk to the cardiologist until next week
I’m type 1 and no heart disease really, my brother has had a life long mitral valve prolapse

Patient had a min HR of 43 bpm, max HR of 156 bpm, and avg HR of 73

bpm. Predominant underlying rhythm was Sinus Rhythm. 1 run of

Supraventricular Tachycardia occurred lasting 27.3 secs with a max rate of

144 bpm (avg 117 bpm). Isolated SVEs were rare (<1.0%), SVE Couplets

were rare (<1.0%), and no SVE Triplets were present. Isolated VEs were

rare (<1.0%), VE Couplets were rare (<1.0%), and no VE Triplets were

present. Ventricular Bigeminy was present.

I would love to hear some insight

3 Likes

@Timothy, I’m no expert, but my resting heart rate is as low as 44, seldom as high as 51bpm. It is interesting that you reached a max HR of 156bpm but the Supraventricular tachycardia was at 144bpm.

Bradycardia is considered a HR lower than 60bpm while tachycardia is greater than 100bpm. Just wondering do you exercise and what kind?

I am a cyclist which accounts for my bradycardia and BP on the low side of normal. This morning was 103/58 HR 55.

If I understand correctly the SVEs and VEs are extra beats and ventricular Bigeminy is also an indication of an extra ventricular contraction following a regular sinus beat.

Anyway, your cardiologist will be the one to explain these results. I would counsel you to not worry until your get that expert analysis, but do keep us informed.

Perhaps your doctor will want to do a stress test with pictures done with contrast. The stress test can show if there’s any abnormalities, especially electrical under stress. Over the last 30 years I’ve had over 6, the last this month.

Thanks for the input. My doctor initially diagnosed me with athletes heart. Because I was very athletic and active when I was younger. I am still active but no where near what could cause issues. But apparently issues can stay with you even as we age.
My cardiologist told me it was nothing to worry about. I can’t take any meds to correct the tachycardia because my heart is too slow. And it was one time in 7 days. I’m waiting to hear when it happened I’m thinking it was on a bike ride when I was also having coffee. Which explains it.
They throw out a lot of terms that I’m not really familiar with, then they say” it’s really not anything to worry about”

Then I read about it and you see stuff like stroke embolisms, it’s hard to know what is normal variation.

3 Likes

I have an essential tremor that can possibly be treated with a particular beta blocker. Since these drugs tend to slow HR, my cardiologist nixed that idea, might require a pace maker in addition. :woozy_face:

1 Like