Afrezza gains market exposure

I just returned home from the JDRF fund-raising walk in Portland, Oregon. Mannkind displayed Afrezza info complete with empty sample cartridges and clean individually wrapped “whistles” to give it a try. The table was staffed by two full-time Mannkind employees in uniform. These employees were registered nurses and CDE’s.

I was impressed with their effort to expose a whole event full of T1Ds to this novel product. This looks like a legitimate try to give Afrezza a realistic chance to succeed. I stopped by to tell them that I’m a user and love their product. I hope that they can sustain this effort so that Afrezza can help more people.

14 Likes

So happy to hear this and I wish I could have been there!

2 Likes

That’s awesome thanks for sharing.

1 Like

They must have been excited to get feedback from an Afrezza user. Good to know.
but were the T1D’s interested to know about it?

I didn’t see the table until after the walk. Most of the foot traffic at the various vendor tables was before the walk. Many vendors were already disassembling their tables by that time. So it’s hard for me to say about the interest at the event. The person I was with, another T1D, approached the table before me since I was still talking to another vendor. She was interested. So that’s a lot of words to say, “I’m not sure.”

2 Likes

yeah too bad…its been approved in 2014 and many folks dont even know about it considering the fact that there are only few Insulin’s out there

My guess is type two’s like myself would love this. The first thing my doc said is you might be taking insulin sooner rather than later. Shots seem like a 20th century thing.

Tresiba and Afreeza sounds really cool to me.

5 Likes

Great to see stuff like this Terry, thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

Very, very good stuff. Thanks @Terry4 !!!

1 Like

Wish you’d have gotten a picture of you and norm at the afrezza booth for us

3 Likes

Thanks @Terry4 for sharing. This is such great news and sounds like some wonderful efforts to literally allow people to get their hands on Afrezza! I too have so much success with Afrezza and am elated to hear it is finding its way into the diabetes party! I hope you had a great time at the walk!

3 Likes

Since I first came into using Afrezza a year ago…I have thought the same thing, what a wonderful tool for those living with type 2 diabetes, eliminating perhaps some of the fear and anxiety that can come with MDI. One puff and so many people could be feeling better and back in range!

2 Likes

Hi Cynthia,
Hope you will share more about how its working for you, a lot people here would love to know.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I will! I should! I need to!..
Most of all I would love for everyone to have the opportunity to both learn about afrezza and to try it if seemed like a good fit for their diabetes and something they wanted to give a “shot”! :blush:

This stuff has been a complete game changer for me over the past year. I hit a super rough spot with diabetes and afrezza bailed me out. Sure it works on the spot, prevents stacking, etc. but the true power for me was the mental and emotional sanity I regained. To actually be able to “fix” numbers that had been seemingly stuck, to watch blood sugars drop back in range in the time it takes to make a coffee and check again… it was like magic. I still can’t believe it. Amazes me Every. Time.
Yesterday morning…woke up to a yuck… boom! Back in business!
@Duck_Fiabetes is a good one to chime in as well😜

7 Likes

I’m really pulling for MannKind to make this thing work. They are facing some long odds, but this product needs to survive.

4 Likes

Please do keep spreading the word. You have a strong voice in the diabetes world and people listen when you speak.

3 Likes

I am starting to realize thats the biggest positive of Afrezza as well, the ability to bring a high back down really fast! I traveled recently which posed some challenges and I realized how much I wish I had had Afrezza with me. Going low when in a customer meeting really sucks.

5 Likes

That’s 6 posters on this thread that are longtime TU members with positive testimonials. Sorry if I missed anyone. All on TU well before Afrezza hit the market. I hope that means something to others looking into Afrezza, nothing as powerful as actual user experiences.

2 Likes

No doubt @cynthia_rogers.

There were so many times I would wait and wait for a high to come down before Afrezza and you are right, mentally that takes a toll. It really is amazing.

Continue to share!!!

4 Likes

This is exactly why I would like to try Afrezza, even if I didn’t use it full-time. Yesterday I woke up at 16.5 and it took me until after noon to get out of the teens and till about 4 PM to get down into range, and then I dropped to 2.6 at 5 PM… So frustrating. I have severe allergies and asthma and scarring on my lungs, so I don’t know if I’d be able to use Afrezza full-time, but I’d like to try it for days like that and see if it caused problems. Though even if it survives in the States, it’ll probably be 10 years until we see it in Canada…

3 Likes