Airport Travel w/ Pump

i go through the magnetometer at the white house every day wearing my pump. it has never trigger and alarm or harmed my pump.

The manual for my pump says that it should not go through electro magnetic fields. I work in several courthouses and NEVER go through the metal detector. I have ID that gets me through but if I didn’t, I’d request the patdown…

We visited the Holocaust Memorial museum last spring and I told the security at the door that I had a pump, I’d placed my infusion set where I could get to it easily and brought a zip lock baggie to put it in, if need be. The lovely man at security told me, in no uncertain terms, that I would NOT be required to remove my pump and could go around the metal detector. :slight_smile:

I actually took my clip off my pump this time when travelling thru’ MIA (Miami International) as some people said that this was the reason for getting “nabbed” (not that it bothers me - but my hubby Mike got to see for the 1st time what I go thru’ with air travel - and he looked worried - while I just grin away and let them “feel me up”! The great thing about MIA, is they have this nifty machine that looks like something from the future. They stick you in this machine, putting your feet twice in different “foot positions” and then things rotate around you to snap pics of you (my hubby can go into my indepth description - I was just finding it very interesting being placed into this “thing”). Apparently his brother works for the company that makes these devices, and all I can say is, after that was done, pump as swiped, it’s the fastest turn around for I’ve ever had with TSA. Of course, I had to talk their ear off about how neat it was, yadda, yadda, yadda, but they were very appreciative of it I think. Not sure why so many people hate the screening bit, but for myself, as a PWD (person with diabetes) - it’s just the way travel is these days. Main thing is, hopefully they catch the bad guys that are trying to bugger up things for us good folks that fly!

Safe flying for all of those going away for the holidays!!!

Anna from Montreal - http://www.diabetes1.org/blogs/Annas_Blog

me too…i dont trust it either and i dont have the money to get another pump.