Allergic to lantus

well basically, iv been on lantus for almost a year now, usually i inject it in my stomach and its fine, but when i inject it into my thighs, the injection site gets really itchy afterwards. and i have recently injected it into my arm and then the injection site was really itchy and has gone red, it hurts a bit and my arm feels really heavy. i was wondering if i was maybe allergic to it. anyone got any ideas???
thanks xxx

If you were allergic to Lantus you would expect a reaction in your stomach. Lantus in particular needs to be injected in the subcutaneous layer. It is possible that when you are injecting in your arms and thighs that you are hitting the muscle. Lantus is acidic and it can be irritating. You may find that adjusting your injection technique helps. Perhaps pinching and using a shallower needle?

I only use my leg to inject the Lantus into, since for what ever reason under the sun injecting it else where just hurts to freaking much that I can’t go though with it. Save my arm, but since I don’t have the mobility to reach my shoulder to inject its a non-point.

It is possible to be allergic to insulin, though if you have had no issues with it till you did alt injection sites, then its not likely the care of being allergic more like hitting something when you inject as on poster said the leg has muscles that you can hit if using a longer needle (i pinch so I don’t hit muscle)

Levemir is more likely to produce skin reactions though… I reacted pretty badly too it.

thanks for all the advice XD xxx