At what level do you usually wake up low?

I drink about three glasses of water at bedtime to make sure I get up at least once during the night. A couple of nights ago, I woke at 47 and didn't even feel that off. Tested once, tested a second time to be sure and then started on my 3 glucose tabs.

I've run low the last two nights as well although not as low. Last night when I woke, I felt off and was at 61. Go figure. I'm glad you're ok and hope that 238 has come back down to earth.

Maurie

I'm glad you're ok and hope that 238 has come back down to earth.

I've been above 200 for the entire day. Just did a site change and upped pump settings, so hopefully that takes care of it. Other than a few random lows, I've been high like this for almost the entire week. :(

Jen - do you carb count? Sometimes when I ride high like that for a week, I find a sometimes need to reset my ratios. Do you track your results? Maybe look for a pattern???
Sure hope it gets better for you, weeks like that suck!

Patty, I think it is a really personal thing (unique to each diabetic) and it changes over time...
When I was first diagnosed I showed low symptoms identically to the little cards and posters you see (sweating, confusion, etc.); however, now I am finding I have different "tells" and no longer sweat unless I am below 2.8, whereas I would sweat if I was anything under 4.
If you are doing that for your husband I would say something is up - whenever I have a run of lows in the night like that I set my alarm and test at 3 am and I make sure I am having a bedtime snack. Good luck!

Yep, I do carb count (and try to limit to under 30g per meal) and log everything. I've been upping my pump settings (ratios, ISF, basal), and just upped them again yesterday (except for basal) and this morning woke up low (???). Unfortunately, I can never spot any patterns to my readings, ever ... even my endo and CDE can't spot patterns! I suspect this week is a combination of hormones and allergies, so hopefully it will work itself out over time if changing settings doesn't do it.

Buddy, I don't know what to say other than I hear you, I've been there, and I am sorry you're going through it all - *hugs*