Blog topics

I am in a slump with my blog, mostly due to doing so much academic writing! I swear that academic and creative writing must use completely different areas of the brain and, at least for me, seem to be mutually exclusive. When I'm doing one, I can't do the other ...

I'm getting sick of the academic writing, though. I need a break and want to write a blog post, but I don't have the inspiration to come up with a topic I think people will find interesting. (I can think of lots of topics, and have even started a few posts, but they all seem boring in the end ...)

So I'm curious, what would those of you who read be interested in me writing about? Do you like the personal-story type posts or the more informative, article-like ones? Are there any topics you are dying to know about? Throw out some ideas and I will work on something for the weekend!! You'll be giving me a nice, VERY needed break from my thesis and overtime work schedule!!! :)

(There is a link to my blog on my profile page. Or you can just click here to read it.)

Thanks for your thoughts! I am working on a post right now that I am going to post in a few days, which might break my streak of writer's block ...