Blood Gluclose question

Dear Angela.

As Gerri has suggested there is no real problem with taking some insulin to help your pancreas out a bit. You could start with a small amount of slow acting insulin that can be injected once every 24 hours. I am going Atkinsian at the moment and my blood sugars are much much better AND I DO FEEL MUCH BETTER.

Yes otherwise I just have barely enough energy to watch TV which is bad in itself as you tend to do no exercise and make the diabetes worst. If you have some tummy grease then injecting insulin is practically painless much less painful than pricking the fingers.

Also there is a stigma that if you need insulin somehow you have failed this is utter nonsense. I would have been much better off if I would have been allowed insulin right form day 1 after diagnosis but the Canadian Medical ■■■ protocol would not allow this. Now thanks to this stupidity I have a totally dead pancreas and could become a brittle diabetic. This I would not be able to take physically or emotionally.

Dear Angela.

Just a few additional thoughts: The symptoms you describe are mostly likely due to poor blood sugars . You mentioned that your cortisol was high which is mostly likely too much stress, but there is a small possibility that it could be caused by Cushing disease which causes among many other problems diabetes. The endo could do a specific test for Cushing’s

Hi Angela,
I am so sorry for all the problems youj are having and hate to add anything more to this big bunch of stuff for you to do But I really think you shoud talk to your doctor about checking the psoriasis and check you for connective tissue disease as well as doing an RF. There are changes that can happen in the brain with these and make all kinds of problems for youj. And if a simple drug can be added for you and help you feel better then now is the time to do it rather than later after everything has spread more. One sign is the psoriasis spreading. After being more stationary for so long it shouldn’t be. Blood work will gie you a good idea and Anthony’s suggestion is very good. I wish you well my friend. My best to you.

I guess I thought that was normal. My sugars are always like that. Guess I’ll ask about it at my next appointment.

Hi Angela,

Sorry–didn’t see your message until now. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Holy cow are not exactly the words I use when I wake up that high:) Too little sleep raises my BG, too.

What has testing as soon as you wake up show?

Hope you’re doing well!

Dear Angela.

They used to be very accurate when the measurement time was 60 seconds. But now with the 5 second measurement time they barely meet the plus or mius 20% which is so horrible you can tell anything anymore. 10 years ago my Bayer Ascentia was always 5% below the lab test at all times incredibly accurate. Now errors of 15% common and even worst in any direction. We need old time meters. It is true that time is money but to a diebetic accuracy is survival and a tolerable life instead of horseshit we have now.

In this case it is the FDA that has totally failed the people it is supposed to protect. 20% accuracy show not be allowed. Then again the EPA and the SEC. Maybe he deserves to go down as the worst President in American history. Even Pat Robertson gave him a C minus, I did not believe my ears.

Have they ruled out sleep apnea?