Blood glucose control efforts, peer support, and excessive behavior

Welcome to our corner of the internet. It looks like you’ve latched onto some successful diabetes tactics. You can learn a lot from other people with diabetes. I hope to see more comments like this one. I understand lurking but interacting here is more fun!

1 Like

@Terry4 I find this topic very thought provoking. Do I find your comments an inspiration? Sure do. Am I aggressive in my diabetes care? Well, my endo thinks I am, but in comparison to many here, not at all. (my endo has told me stories of patients coming in for a check up with “just a few numbers written down on a paper napkin”).

I don’t have a cgm and doubt I’ll ever have one. Right now we have the absolutely worst insurance I’ve ever had in my entire life. Honestly I go to the endo mainly so I can beg for free insulin samples. I enjoy reading about Tresiba and Afrezza , and cheer when I see folks getting great results, I can’t even let myself think about it, as it also will not be happening.

but I’m doing ok for someone who’s had d 49 years. there’s no place better for me to be than here when i get to feeling down about d or other things depressing and beyond my control. there’s always someone who needs a hand. I’ve been around here for almost 9 years and I get a lot of satisfaction from helping others connect here.

for those who are new here, welcome, and you can read about the values of our community here
https://forum.tudiabetes.org/t/the-values-of-tudiabetes/34720

4 Likes

I am so happy that I found this site two weeks ago. The discussions are wonderful to read. I have been feeling a little bit lost since my diagnosis two years ago (Type 2). I have read some interesting posts, some tell of things that have worked for that person and I appreciate that because I can try something new and see if it might work for me. It is also uplifting to know that everyone has good days/weeks/months and also have bad or frustrating days. I can relate to that. I have also seen in these two weeks that thanks to these discussions that I am doing the best I can at this time and that is okay. Thanks to all for being a part of this site

5 Likes

We can all relate to that! :wink:

This community was founded on the principle that no diabetic should ever have to feel alone. You’ve come to the right place. Welcome to the family. :relaxed:

1 Like

As far as the tendency to be disputatious goes (as Terry describes in the starting post back at the top), there is just something in human nature that does this. There seems to be a fundamental drive in most of us to have the last word. It’s stronger in some than in others (or perhaps just less self-disciplined, who knows?) and most of us fall prey to it at one time or another; sometimes more, sometimes less. We’re each human and that isn’t going to change. What we can do is to keep working at making the space a safe place for appropriate self expression, and correct the bumps when they’re encountered. Based on what I see elsewhere, I think that this (largely self-policing) community does a superb job. And 90% of the credit for that goes to the members themselves.

2 Likes

Thank you. I know that I will benefit from discussions and knowledge that is available here. I already have.

This is a great group.
There are so many wonderful supportive folks from whom I have learned so much.

1 Like