Byetta side affects

I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR ABOUT FOUR DAYS NOW AND I HAVE BEEN GUT SICK ALL THE TIME WITH THE FEELING OF FULLNESS AND NO APPETITE AT ALL, NOT HUNGARY AND HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT. I HATE FEELING SICK TO MY STOMACH ALL OF THE TIME AND WISHED THERE WAS SOMETHING I COULD TAKE TO EASE THAT SIDE AFFECT BUT AS FOR THE APPETITE SURPRESSANT THAT IS OK, I NEED TO LOOSE ALLOT OF WEIGHT AS I AM OBESE. RIGHT NOW MY TREATMENT IS AS FOLLOWS AND I HOPE MY DIABETIC EDUCATOR WHO IS A ARNP AND HAS A MSN DEGREE KNOWS WHAT SHE IS DOING. I TAKE 5MCG BYETTA TWO TIMES A DAY AND AT MIDNIGHT I TAKE 25 UNITS OF THE INSULIN LEVEMIRE AS A 24 LONG ACTING BASIL INSULIN ONCE A DAY AND THAT IS THE ONLY INSULIN I TAKE SHE SUBSTITUTED MY NOVO LOG INSULIN WITH BYETTA AND SO FAR MY SUGAR HAS BEEN UNDER CONTROL AND I HAVE NOT GONE HYPOGLESIMIC. I JUST CANNOT SHAKE THIS SICK FEELING I HAVE IN MY GUT AND IT HAS DRIVEN ME CRAZY AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT I CAN TAKE TO RELIEVE THIS SYMPTOM. I HAVE BEEN ON BYETTA FOUR DAYS NOW.

I was getting the same side effect as well… and if you ask me it was pretty annoying.
My “endo” (doctor that is) recommended me to take the shot at eat right after wards, instead of waiting an hour to eat. I hope this suggestion works cause it worked for me, good luck

Harry-

There are a lot of people who have and who are experiencing nausea. Here is a http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/byetta.html that will give you alot of information and how to help you with the nausea. I hope you feel better soon

Helly Danny:
Yes that is what I did only I waited at least for ten to fifteen minutes and that worked for me and I am glad because feeling sick to your stomach before eating and having it all day was annoying at best and put me into a bad mood.

Yes please let me know the name of that drug doctors can prescribe for this gut sick to stomach feeling, I would appreciate it and oh forgot to tell you , my Certified Diabetic Educator told me to wait only fifteen minutes before eaingt instead of a hour and that worked just fine, i feel much better since this had turned out to be a all day thing with me and it was annoying to say the least.

Thanks ever so much but my diabetic educator told me instead of waiting a hour before eating only wait fiteen minutes and that is what I done and it seem to work,I feel much better because before it was very annoying to feel that way and it was a all day thing and it put me in a bad mood as you can imagine. I need to find out something and need to see if the treatment plan they have jme on is OK and not huring me in some other way. I take 25 Units of Levemire insulin every day at mid night and instead of using the Novo Log Insulin before eating during the day I reverted to Byetta twice a day, I cannot seem to find out if this treatment is acceptable since there hasn’t been a study on Buyetta and Insulin using both for a treatment.

i was wondering if this treatment for diabetes type 2 is acceptable and not hurting me in any other way. my certified diabetes educator has me on this treatment plan, and that is to take 25 Units of the Insulin Levemire once a day at mid night and instead of using the Insulin Novolog before eating as I was doing before I reverted to Byetta 5 MCG Flex Pen Twice a day only. I know through my own research that there hasn’t been a FDA Study using Byetta with Insulin but I also was told by others that endocrologist throughout do use that treatment because it seems to work and so far it has for me but sometimes these things can back fire on a patient and something else can happen and that is why I am asking the question over the internet, is it a acceptable treatment plan to use Byetta and Insulin together?, meaning one 25 Units of Levemire Insulin once a day at mid night and Byetta twice a day instead of the Novo Log Insulin I use to take???.

Come visit us at our Group - Byetta Users Forum. I have been on Byetta for about 9 months and I love it. I started with the 5 mcg and had nausea for about 5 days then the next month I went to 10 mcg and had nausea for about 3 days. I love it! It is the best thing I have taken, my levels are down, I have lost about 19 pounds. But I do know that you have to take it 45 minutes to 1 hour before you eat to keep from getting nauseated. Not to mention, carb counting always help. To me that is the #1 rule for diabetics. Good luck and feel free to join us. Welcome aboard my friend.

I was on symlin which is like byetta. I used to take anti naseau meds about 30-45 min before I took the symlin to keep me from throwing up. Once my body got used to the symlin I was able to go off of them and use them prn.