I've been on the Animas Ping for a little over a year now, and am thinking of jumping ship. Customer service is simply not to my liking. So I started looking around ay what else is out there.
My reason to look into Omnipod is pretty simple: I'm so tired of having to look for, and also find, bubbles in my tubing! BGs have been too high lately, and how do I know if I didn't miss some bubbles that went through? And why are they so common anyway?? I'm sooo careful when I fill the cartridge.
So here are some questions for you all, to help me evaluate what life would be like with an Omnipod:
1) First and foremost, how would you rate customer service on a scale of 1 (yuk) to 10 (terrif)?
2) Can I assume bubbles are not an issue for you?
3) What is the smallest increment for basals and boluses?
4) Do you find the pod gets in the way of clothing? Do you have to pay extra attention not to bump it on things?
5) Does the adhesive work fine for you? What about after a shower or swim?
6) If no to 5, what do you add to keep it in place?
If anyone out there has used both the Omnipod and the Ping, I'd love to hear your impressions!
Thanks so much, gang,