Cut carbs, losing weight, but BGs rising? What's wrong with this picture?

So true Diabetic Dad. I don’t care what docs call my blood glucose problem, T1D, T2D, LADA, Type 1.5, Autoimmune, Type-Weirdo… I just want to know what treatment best fits my particular disregulation so I can feel better and experience less long term side effects down the road. That’s where the importance of the label comes in, which unfortunately for many of us is less clear than it is for others, especially at onset making it difficult to get good care.

And please come out from under that rock Fraser, we are all in this together and need to be heard so we can learn from one another. By sharing our varied experiences (yours included) we can fill in the blanks the diabetes healthcare system creates which leaves many people feeling confused and alone. I think that’s what we all hope to find when we come here to TuD, a place where different voices, different experiences, come together to find support and commonality. Personally, I think the way diabetes is diagnosed and classified needs to be totally overhauled but it would take a brave endocrinologist, or group of physicians, to tackle that monster so we’re stuck with the system we have…and each other!

I'm still working on contacting my endo's assistant, but I did hear back from my PCP today. He refuses to sign off on the lab work to request the antibody and c-peptide tests. His nurse called me and told me to request the tests from my rheumy instead since the tests deal with autoimmunity.

Then she threw in, they are really expensive and why do I want these tests run? Uh because I’m collecting autoimmune diseases and disorders like their antiques and collectibles (going out of style).

So, I’m in limbo until July 11th when I see my rheumy’s PA and plead my case for the labs. I really want these tests done.

Tomorrow, I’m going to call the endo and ask if he’s already ran these tests (which I’m seriously doubtful)—my PCP definitely didn’t based on his response to my request.

Update from my endo - he doesn't run these types of tests. Isn't that kind of strange for an endo?

So I have to wait to see my rheumy and beg him to run the tests--just my luck. Patience is not my strongest virtues. :-(

Sorry to hear all of this, Kate. I am new to the forum so I am not sure if we are allowed to joke around, but here goes...you can have some of my weight! In the last 6 months, I have been meticulous about watching my carbs (if I have any at all they are whole grain) and, up until the last few weeks, I was working out on my Total Gym daily. I have still gained 26 pounds and cannot get it off! It is all in my belly and love / hate handles.

How much do you want? :-)