Day 1

Day 1 of my Dexcom and I love it.

Lucky! My day 1 and 2 were horrible. 2 failed sensors, unbelievable numbers, mismatches with my meter readings… grr
I am on day 4 now and still hoping things get better!

I’m on week 4 and love my dex…it shows my dr I need the pump.

I am on day 11 and love it. The accuracy was touch and go the first 24 to 36 hours but now it is amazing.

I am on my first sensor and at the end of week 1. I put the sensor in myself as there was not a trainer in my area and I would have had to wait 2 weeks for come here. The monitor is working great. I did hear it would be better to do about 4 blood test for first day or two and calabrate them. I have had a couple of pretty far reading and I had to check them out. The sensor, monitor should shut down tomorrow and I plan to do a shut down, then restart sensor as has been suggested many time.

I have been using the Dexcom for about 10 months now, and my Day 1 and Day 2 on a new sensor are ALWAYS wonky. Then it sort of settles in and gets calibrated by Day 3 and works (mostly) like a charm. As frustrating as those first couple of days on a sensor can be, I still wouldn't trade it for the world. I have been saved from MANY a crash in the middle of the night because of the Dexcom, and see highs & lows coming much sooner than before and can correct accordingly before they get out of control. I think they say it's "not approved" for pregnancy, but it's the only thing that's kept be sane these first 5 months of being pregnant.