DBLOG WEEK -- Day 3: One Thing To Improve

There are quite a few things I could probably improve... I always have the mindset that there's always room for improvement every day.

But if I had to narrow it down to just one thing... I'd probably have to say that I could be a little more conscientious about eating before I go to bed. I'm sure it would eliminate at least most of the lows I tend to wake up with.

Recently, well actually a few months ago, I had a pretty scary low bg episode that lasted a few hours. I believe I actually passed out for a little while, and just managed to wake back up. If I retrace my steps to the night before... I didn't have a snack before bed.

It doesn't happen that often, but, 1-2x a month, and somtimes more, is often enough. Each time, more than likely, I didn't properly eat before bed.

And, just this morning again... another low bg episode where I was extremely confused. My bg was 33 AFTER being given OJ from my mini-fridge... so I can't imagine what it could have been before. Last night, I was so caught up in getting ready for work, that I 1) failed to take my nightly bg reading, (so I don't even know where I was when I went to bed) and, 2) I didn't eat. I just went to bed.

I was diagnosed 4 yrs ago and I have to admit, I still struggle with some aspects of accommodating diabetes. I hate how now, my life is run by numbers. I normally am very disciplined & practice tight control of my numbers, even though it can be overwhelming at times.

I believe that when I get angry, my way of dealing with diabetes is actually not to deal with at all... but of course, after about a day of being stubborn, I re-commit myself.

That being said... I still can't get used to eating before bed, and usually have to force myself to put something down. That's the one thing that I need to improve.

I ALWAYS HAVE A SNACK BEFORE GOING TO BED & BOLUS ACCORDINGLY & TEST AT 12 AM & 4 AM & MANY TIMES DURING THE DAY TO PREVENT ME FROM GOING LOW/TOO LOW.SOMETIMES I TEST BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I MIGHT BE LOW & I AM.SO I EAT FOOD.