Dexcom G7 regrets

I am using iAPS and Omnipod Dash, Dexcom G6 with Anubis transmitter. I can set my target at whatever level I want and can set various targets for exercise. I have a bunch of different profiles which I enable before tennis or pickleball or when I have a cortisone injection. My G6 warmup time is 50 minutes with the Anubis transmitter and the sensor can be used for 60 days without having to restart it. So far I am very impressed with the system. I send my spent transmitters to the people at Anubis to fix for people who need them.

That’s wonderful, Jane! Thanks for the encouragement.

Sounds like you have a good thing going, Clare. I dismissed Omnipod as a choice since my insurance coverage wasn’t as good as with Tandem.

I run CIQ in sleep mode overnight, during exercise and when I’m on vacation and maintain an A1c under 6. I was in Italy for 2 weeks and ran 85% between 70 and 140 with an average BG under 120 which I thought was good enough. When I run day time manual the results are tighter.

1 Like

I’ve tried the G7 and when used with the supplied over patch I get a severe rash with blisters. So I sent back to the G6. For me, the readings were more accurate with the G6 than the G7. I hope they keep making the G6 for a while. I also like using the X-drip program.

1 Like

I had the same issue, so I ditched the Dexcom-supplied over patches, and voila, the problem was solved. Mine stay on fine for 10 days, and I do a fair amount of exercise and shower twice daily.

It sounds like you’re doing good. I guess I will have to see what works for me but at this time I’m thinking of using CIQ sleep mode when I hit the sack and try out CIQ in daytime to see how it works. The trick will be getting my settings right. If after some time, I don’t get the results I want, I’ll probably switch to manual mode during the daytime.

Wow. A skin reaction like that is awful. I don’t have any knowledge of the X-drip but I might explore it if and when I learn how to get my pump to cooperate with my sugar levels.

You might prefer running sleep mode whenever you use CIQ. It uses a lower target and it never gives you a surprise correction bolus. The auto correction feature may be helpful for people who aren’t interested in keeping a close eye on their blood sugar but if you watch your graph the feature just adds one more random input into the mix.

1 Like

I’m staying with G6 and BIQ for as long as I can. I want to keep my target at 80 bg and I make use of the temp basal function often. A target of 110 bg is too damn high for me.

I understand, but at this point I have no choice. It seems like if I eat any amount of carbs at all, my sugar shoots high between 200-300 and stays that way for hours. Then it comes down and behaves through the night. It’s frustrating.

I agree G7 is an inferior product compared to G6. I suspect they cherry picked data from the clincal trials to report to the FDA.

Do you eat right away after injection ?
With high carbs eaten first, you may get a spike.
Try eating proteins and lower carbs first or wait to eat.

Yes, I usually eat right away. I probably should wait at least 15 minutes. It’s sometimes hard to time everything just right, with cooking.

That’s a shame. We should be getting better instead of backtracking. This disease is hard to manage. We need the best technology has to offer.